Marc Garneau, Federal Transport Minister held a news conference on January 6, 2021.
· The ban on flights coming from the UK will end at midnight January 6, 2021
· All air passengers 5 years and older will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test before traveling to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test within 72h prior to scheduled departure. Individuals are still required to quarantine for 14 days upon return.
· Exemptions include flight crews, and those travelling from South America or the Caribbean who, until January 14, will have a 92-hour window to obtain the test. Travellers from Haiti will be exempt until January 21.
· Airlines must confirm a negative test, take temperature, ask about COVID exposure and screen for symptoms.
· All travelers crossing by air, land or sea will be required to digitally submit forms through ArriveCAN.
· Regardless of arrival method, all arrivals must continue to quarantine for 14 days.